- Type of food: Kibble & Raw
- Custom ingredients: No
- Puppy options: Yes
- Australian ingredients: 99%
- Subscription: No
- Delivery locations: NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS
Petzyo is a great Australian dog food company that offers high-quality dry kibble and raw food options, all delivered straight to your door. They use single-protein recipes and 99% of their ingredients are sustainably sourced in Australia. What’s great about Petzyo is the quality and price point, with their prices really competitive with other major Australian dog food brands.
Petzyo offers both kibble and raw food in the form of patties, and caters to large breed puppies, small breed puppies, adults, dogs with allergies and dogs with arthritis. They also sell a range of dog-related products like leads, collars, toys and grooming. With fast and free shipping around Australia (everywhere except NT) and no lock-in contract (but you can subscribe and save), we’d 100% recommend giving Petzyo a go.
Petzyo is a newer, smaller company that focuses on quality over quantity. As a result, their product range may be smaller compared to other brands. At the time of writing, Petzyo offers 3 different kibble recipes and 3 raw patty recipes, all of which are single-protein to keep your dog’s interest.
These recipes are balanced and suitable for both puppies and senior dogs, but it’s worth noting that there aren’t any age-specific recipes. With dry food, you can filter between puppy and adult, but all that changes is the size of the kibble bag. With raw food, there’s no filter for age. This means that you’ll need to pay extra attention to portion sizes, especially if you have a young or old dog. Just keep in mind that an older dog can gain weight easily if they’re fed more than their nutritional needs, and puppies require careful monitoring to ensure they’re eating the right amounts, especially if they’re large or giant breeds.
- Raw food ingredients (beef): Beef (meat, heart, bone & cartilage, liver, kidney), celery, green beans, beetroot, chicken eggs, cold pressed flaxseed meal, essential vitamins and minerals, Tasmanian salmon, yoghurt, strawberries, coconut, cold pressed flaxseed oil, blueberries, turmeric, chia seeds, hemp bran, kelp powder, and rosemary.
- Kibble ingredients (salmon): Salmon & Oceanfish, Peas, Lentils, Sweet Potato, Chicken Oil, Sunflower Oil, Tomato, Basil, Spinach, Broccoli, Green Lipped Mussels, Carrot, Rosemary, Oregano, Parsley, Salt, Flaxseed Oil, Kelp, Turmeric, Blueberry, Chicory, Fish Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Yucca Extract, and Green Tea.
Average Composition of Petzyo – Chicken & Turkey Kibble
|Dry matter (excludes moisture to make it more comparable to kibble)||Average composition (dry matter)|
Why You’ll Love Petzyo
- You want to try before you buy: Petzyo will send you a sample (~100 grams) of their Kibble That Counts range to try. The sample itself is on the house, shipping is $2 per flavour. They also offer a 100% taste satisfaction guarantee, giving you a full refund on your first box if your doggo isn’t a fan (applicable to 8kg orders and under).
- No subscription: Petzyo isn’t subscription based, so you’re not locked into any contract and you can buy on an as-needed basis. However, they do offer a subscribe and save option if that’s of interest.
- 99% Aussie ingredients: With 99% of ingredients sustainably sourced from Australia, you can rest easy knowing your dog is eating top-notch quality food.
Who Should Avoid Petzyo
- Want wet food: Right now, Petzyo only offers dry kibble and raw patties, so if you’re looking for canned food options, you won’t find them here. But don’t worry, you can still give your older dog that stew-like consistency by soaking the patties or adding some lukewarm water. Just keep in mind that it’ll take a bit of extra prep work on your end.
- Want to be able to buy in-store: Petzyo is exclusively an online retailer, which might not suit you if you like the option of being able to buy your dog food in-store from time to time.
What Customers Say
Being a relatively new brand, there aren’t a lot of customer reviews yet, but for the most part, the reviews that do exist are overwhelmingly positive. These reviews are taken from the Petzyo website:
People who love Petzyo say:
“Excellent customer service support as I tried to buy a subscription and instead got a once-off – they fixed it and refunded me immediately. My dogs love this food and at 11 years of age, I don’t believe they’ve ever been in better shape.”Samantha P
“Great quality and service. My border collie has more zoom than ever after eating this high-quality food!”Margaret M
“My dogs loved this, which was such a relief as they can be quite fussy and turn their nose up to kibble quite often. We had them on premium food before this (about $10 less a bag), but the quality difference in Petzo compared to that is huge. It feels good seeing my dogs enjoy their meals again.”Damian S
People who are unsure say:
“My dogs won’t eat it. I have now resorted to hand-feeding them, and even that has stopped working. However, once they take a little bite, they seem to really get into it. Not sure if it’s the food or my dogs, but switching foods has not helped their appetite.”Ian K
“My dog didn’t like this food and would not touch it after the first meal which she wolfed down. She was throwing up the next day and eating grass. She is usually not fussy but for some reason this food didn’t agree with her. Will try her on it again in a few weeks just in case it was something else that put her off it.”Matt R
How to Order Petzyo
Petzyo is the real deal when it comes to dog food in Australia. It’s got a great price point, top-notch ingredients, and a variety of flavours that your pup will love. We highly recommend giving it a try – whether you feed your dog kibble or raw food.