- Type of food: Fresh (cooked)
- Custom ingredients: No
- Australian ingredients: 85-95%
- Puppy options: Yes
- Subscription: Yes
- Delivery locations: NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS
Lyka is an Australian born and bred company offering bowls of cooked food based on different proteins. The bowls (delivered in single serve pouches), come frozen and via a subscription base which can be cancelled or paused at any time.
Each meal is filled with purposeful, whole food ingredients which are sourced locally, sustainably and ethically where possible, with 85-95% of each recipe made using Australian ingredients.
If high-quality ingredients in your dog’s food are important to you, Lyka is one of the best dog food brands out there. With human-grade ingredients in all its bowls, it doesn’t get much more premium. Meanwhile, all recipes are formulated in compliance with AAFCO standards for adult dogs.
All bowls are built around a single main ingredient (meat mince of some kind). To complete the meal, there are one or two main veggies or grains.
It’s also tailored to your dog’s specific breed, age, weight and activity level based on a few short questions you answer before ordering.
|Free Range Chow Chompin’ Chicken Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
|Grass Fed Big Boppin’ Beef Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
|Grass Fed Lip Lickin’ Lamb Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
|Barn Raised Tail Tappin’ Turkey Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
|Wild Caught Rip Rollickin’ Kangaroo Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
|Wild Caught Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl||$6.10 per 300g|
You can also order different trial boxes to see if Lyka is right for you and your dog. Meanwhile, there are several treat options too like pig twigs, lamb straws, tripe straps, sardine snaps and more.
This is an example of the beef bowl ingredients:
Beef Mince, Beef Heart, Purple Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Carrots, Kale, Sardines, Beef Liver, Psyllium Seed Husk, Fish Oil, Safflower Oil, Celtic Sea Salt, Ginger, Flaxseed Oil, Kelp, Spirulina, and Vitamins & Minerals.
Lyka is free from gluten, soy, dairy, lactose and sugar.
Average Composition of Lyka
|Dry matter*||Avg composition (as fed)||Avg composition (dry matter)|
Metabolised energy: 1425 kcal/kg
Vitamins & Minerals: TriCalcium Phosphate, Vitamin E Oil, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B1
Why You’ll Love Lyka
- Good for every life stage: Whether you have a puppy, adolescent, adult or senior dog, Scratch caters to all life stages of your doggo, meaning from birth until the end, your dog can enjoy Scratch for a lifetime.
- Flexible subscription: While it is a subscription-based offering, it can be paused or cancelled at any time. If you’re on a regular delivery schedule, the next delivery date will feature in your fact sheet so you can plan ahead.
- Good for fussy dogs: Some of the most common reviews about Lyka is how good it is for fussy dogs! Even the fussiest of dogs appear to love Lyka food, so that’s saying something in itself.
Who Should Avoid Lyka Pet Food
- You have a small freezer: Because Lyka comes frozen and you are ordering food for several weeks at a time, you need to make sure you have enough freezer room! According to the Lyka website, every 500grams of Lyka is the size of an ice cube tray. For reference, a dog that’s 30 kg will need about 800 grams of this food per day (about 2 ice trays in space – per day!). That’s a lot of freezer space.
- Are looking for raw food: Lyka food isn’t kibble, but it’s not raw food either. It’s gently cooked whole foods but it’s not a raw diet if that’s what you’re after.
- Want kibble: If you want to keep your dog on a kibble diet, you won’t find any kibble options at Lyka as it’s all fresh and cooked food.
What Customers Say
“My doggos have just started on Lyka and so far it is going fabulously. You can tell it’s quality food and they love it! Also, the customer service is second to none. I had a couple of questions and even though I got a different consultant each time, both have been incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and really friendly. Would recommend it to anyone!”Leah B
“Lyka has our dog licking the bowl clean every time! We struggled to get our Newfoundland to eat at mealtime and found ourselves constantly trying new foods and methods of preparing his meals. This caused so much stress and frustration with the fear that he wasn’t getting the nutrients he needed. Since starting Lyka, he finishes every last bit with excitement and we have such peace of mind knowing he is eating a complete and balanced diet!”Charlotte
“Lyka has been a game changer for my doggy. The pre-portioned packets make my life so much easier because I know she is getting the right amount of food for her. She LOVES the food and will honestly turn her nose up at anything else. She also loves the sardine snaps treats!! Her coat is so soft, her bowls are perfect, and I know she is happy eating it because she licks every inch of the bowl so she doesn’t miss a single crumb! I also love how sustainable the company is as well”Gemma
How to Order Lyka
Looking for the highest quality food for your dog? Lyka is the way to go. It’s not raw but it’s not kibble, it’s pretty much a very happy medium for you and your pooch. With lots of variety and a flexible subscription model, it’s no wonder so many paw-rents choose Lyka.